YELP HIGH

The Driver was recently nominated as an "Elite" member of Yelp, which scored us an invite to the Yelp Party on Monday night at Strike Bowling, Melbourne Central.


The party had a high school theme (yes, dress up) which sadly, The Driver only informed me of the night before. I improvised with a print-out of the Gryffindor emblem (Harry Potter), which I stuck to a cardigan (disappointing, as I love a good dress up party). The Driver opted for his actual old school tie, an un-tucked shirt, pants, and Converse. So 90's!

It was quite a good arrangement, there were heaps of businesses from around the CBD that offered scrumptious food and beverage options throughout the night. Needless to say, we (as per usual) stuffed ourselves.


Delicious fish tacos and duck rolls from The Merrywell.


Cupcakes! Need I say more? These were amazing, from The Cupcake Queens.


The Windsor Deli handed out "cut lunches" in brown paper bags. Inside, a few lollies (one of which lead to a minor disaster, more on that later), and a wrapped sandwich. I had corned beef and cheese. Nice!


A couple of glasses of Giesen Pinot Noir? Don't mind if it do!


The most amazing foccacia's I have ever tasted (they make their own foccacia bread) from Fugazza. Couldn't stop eating them. I mean, they were filled with prosciutto and cheese, how could you stop?



The gorgeous Miss Fox salon were manning the "Sick Bay" applying their amazing paper lashes. Sadly I had worn my glasses to this event instead of contacts (school theme, and all) so couldn't get them (I luff falsies when I wear contacts, but falsies rub on my glasses, and that's really annoying)


We were very excited to have a boogie in the Silent Disco. We LUFF Silent Disco, having spent many hours, at many festivals dancing with our headphones on. They had set it up in the laser skirmish zone. This sign made me laugh.

This is when disaster struck. Whilst wondering through the skermish zone, The Driver happily munching on a Red Skin, he ran up to me and showed me a hard white pebble looking thing, that had come out of his mouth. Yes, you guessed it. Red Skin =1, tooth = 0.

It was 8.30pm by this stage, and The Driver was complaining that his tooth was hurting. Where does one find a dentist at this time of night? On a whim we went to the Royal Dental Hospital, only to be told we weren't poor enough to be there (you need a health care card). So after a bit of inter-web searching and a phone call, we ended up at a dental surgery in Clayton at 10pm, where The Driver proceeded to have not one but two fillings.

Several hundred dollars later, he was OK. Most expensive Red Skin ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being sociable is very glamourous...let's have a chat!